So here it is, blogsters – updates on what has been happening for the past few days in point form. Cause I’m
busy lazy like that.
- I wore leggings to work today, because…comfort
- Leggings may or may not have something to do with the fact that I have eaten like crap all week (hint: it does). Burgers from The Works on Monday, pub food on Tuesday and deep-fried Cadbury Creme Eggs at Baker St. Station last night. It was amazing. A luscious Creme Egg, deep-fried to a golden brown with a molten centre. It was beautiful. Add to it that it was surrounded by little nuggets that turned out to be battered Mini Eggs. Purrrrrrr…..
- Check out my Instagram for pictures of those deep-fried beauties (username: ash_a_leigh_ or follow the handy link at the top right hand side of the page)
- Tomorrow someone is coming to my apartment to take pictures to list it. I hate this. I do not like people in my personal space, and I hate the idea of having to clean and keep the apartment in pristine condition to have strangers traipse through my flat.
- My mother wants me to come home for Easter dinner. As much as I want to see her and my Auntie, I cannot justify driving 3 hours round trip for dinner. I may just make myself a little turkey dinner on Sunday just for me.
- Also on the menu for this weekend – these fabulous looking empanadas. Love me some Mexican food!
- I got GREAT news from Misty this week. Her mum recently had a double mastectomy and this week we got the news that her mum is completely cancer free!! I was ecstatic to hear this news. I haven’t blogged about this experience at all because in all honestly, it wasn’t really my story to tell. Misty however, wrote a beautiful entry on her blog documenting her feelings. You should check it out.
- I have been having weird, weird dreams about a boy from my past. I haven’t seen him since I was about 19, although we were Facebook friends briefly (before I quit the FB). In the past month or so I have had about 5 dreams about him. I always find it really strange when I dream about someone I haven’t seen in years. It makes me wonder how many people dream about me.
- I still have not finished A Breath of Snow and Ashes. Maybe writing about it on the blog will motivate me to put in the time to finish this behemoth of a book.
I think that’s all for now. If I don’t make it back to this space before next week, I wish you all a very happy Easter.