Whole 30 – Day 1

I woke up this morning nervous and excited for this little experiment. I poured my first cup of black coffee, and honestly it wasn’t that bad. Would I prefer if there was cream and sugar in it? Yes. But really, the only time I didn’t like the taste was when I forgot that it was black. That disconnect between what I was expecting to taste and what I did taste threw me off a few times, but I think I could get used to it. After shower, make-up and hair, I warmed up two of the eggs in nest I made last night. I loosely followed this recipe, but scrambled the eggs and added chopped mushrooms and green peppers (I will post my recipe when I have perfected it). I am not a huge fan of eggs, and usually require ketchup or hot sauce to help get them down, so it was kind of challenging. I need to hit the supermarket tonight to see if there is something I can eat to help with the eggs. If I can’t find anything, I will make some complaint hot sauce.

Once I got to work I had a granny smith apple dipped in almond butter. This held me over until about 11 o’clock when I started to feel like a wilting flower. I was yawing all the time and could barely keep my eyes open. Lunch helped to perk me up. I had a salad with some left over roast beef, sauteed mushrooms and onions, cherry tomatoes and a homemade vinaigrette, with a white peach for dessert. It definitely hit the spot and helped to revive me. The rest of the afternoon was great. No headaches, and a decent energy level. But then again, close to 4:30 I started to drag again. I had an early dinner – the last of the roast beef, mushrooms and some left over roasted asparagus and sweet potatoes. It was a big meal, and I didn’t quite finish it all, but it has keep me pretty full. I ate around 530, and I’m still pretty satisfied at 9:30, and that’s after a spin class.

Yep. Spin class. Meghan and I usually do spin on Wednesday nights but we haven’t been in maybe 6 weeks. Last night she asked me if I wanted to go to yoga, but I spent all day volunteering at our local food bank, and I knew I had a lot of prep to do for today, so I told her I couldn’t make it, but I would do spin tonight. I kind of hoped she would forget that I agreed to it. She didn’t. It definitely was not my best class, but I made it through!

All in all, I would say my first day went pretty well! No headaches, minimal fatigue and I’m learning how big to make my meals to prevent hunger between meals. Hoping tomorrow goes just as smoothly!


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s